Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:

All the places where we show a GNOME foot should be themed, so just
changing the icon theme should work. If this is not the case, then it's
a bug, I'd say.

(that's actually why you don't see the GNOME foot in Fedora, I think)

Yes, theming does help. But I think that would diversify GNOME
looks-and-feels, up to people's preferences. We propably need
something more official when talking about, say, screenshots in
documents, logos on web sites (e.g. I don't think many general
people are happy with the current one in http://th.gnome.org), or
any other kinds of promotions.

Should there be an alternative logo for GNOME?
For example, using a gnome head instead is OK.

If we were to change the logo (or adopt a mascot), I'd propose a sea
turtle. No idea why, except that I like it :-)

That being said, it's kind of hard to change something like this,
especially since many people are emotionally attached to the GNOME
foot...

If the logo needs to be associated with gnomes, I like Thilo's gnome
hat. And it may include a gnome's head, i.e., something similar to
EOG's former icon.

But if it's to be a mascot, there're more possibilities. It can even be
the Wanda fish.

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan