Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

Hi,

Le mercredi 29 octobre 2008, à 16:18 +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan a écrit :
[...]

That sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable to
promote GNOME to new users as-is, or with
distributions that try to keep upstream look-and-feels
like Debian. But with Ubuntu or Fedora, where the
main menu logo is replaced with something else,
that's more OK. Just avoid letting them see the animated
foot on Epiphany or Nautilus, until they are familiar with
GNOME enough.

All the places where we show a GNOME foot should be themed, so just
changing the icon theme should work. If this is not the case, then it's
a bug, I'd say.

(that's actually why you don't see the GNOME foot in Fedora, I think)

Should there be an alternative logo for GNOME?
For example, using a gnome head instead is OK.

If we were to change the logo (or adopt a mascot), I'd propose a sea
turtle. No idea why, except that I like it :-)

That being said, it's kind of hard to change something like this,
especially since many people are emotionally attached to the GNOME
foot...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.