Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

Dave Neary schrieb:
Whenever I hear people propose abandoning an old logo completely, this
question comes back to me:

I did not propose this just for fun. If it means that GNOME will never
be used in maybe 1/4 of the worlds countries it would be stupid not to
change. The question is if one wants to neglect cultural differences.
With GNOME the question is how localization and internationalization are
related to symbols that offend some people. I do not think it is wise to
take this lightly just because oneself does not have that kind of
problem. Question is maybe if people in the USA would welcome a new
GNOME release to get the name "Hussein" ;-)

--
Thilo Pfennig - PfennigSolutions IT-Beratung- Wiki-Systeme
Sandkrug 28 - 24143 Kiel (Germany)