Re: GNOME vs Windows

Hi,

Calum Benson wrote:
Off the top of my head, I would also add Localisation and
Accessibility.  GNOME is translated into languages that Microsoft are
unlikely ever to care about.  And assistive technologies on Windows cost
$$$. (E.g. the basic version of JAWS, one of the more popular Windows
screenreaders, costs $895.)

The core message around "universal access" is good - Jeff used to refer
to this a lot, and I think he was spot on.

We want people to be able to use our software, regardless of physical
ability or disability, culture, or technical ability. GNOME is
consistent and easily learnable, accessible for assistive technologies,
and fully internationalised, as well as being fully localised for more
than 30 languages.

Cheers,
Dave.

--