GNOME vs Windows

I just had an interview with the HowSoftwareIsBuilt.com guys. One of their questions was why GNOME is better than KDE. I said we aren't trying to compete with KDE and so on, so they asked the next obvious questions, why is GNOME better than Windows.

I answered with a couple of points but wondered if others had thoughts to contribute:
1) Free and open source
2) Updates with new functionality come out sooner
3) Access to developers, forums, mailing lists, etc when you have problems
4) More customizable from a functionality perspective as well as a look and feel perspective
5) Warmer/friendlier feeling (I tried to describe this.)
6) More apps (that don't cost extra money)
7) ....

FYI, I'm doing this not so we can go around talking about how we are better than Windows but so that we can emphasize and talk about the things that we do best.

Best,

Stormy

P.S. HowSoftwareIsBuilt.com is always looking for more interviewees, so if you know someone you think would make a good interview topic, let me (or them) know.