Re: On distro users feedback

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 23:14 +0300, Lucas Rocha wrote:

I have some ideas about how to make this happen but I'd like to know
the opinion of you, marketing fellows, first. My first-step-plan is to
(maybe) schedule an IRC meeting with members of GNOME Packaging Team
and other people involved with the distro communities to discuss some
ideas and know what they think.

I've always wondered if maybe we need a dedicated 'user feedback' squad
along the lines of the bug squad... a single point of contact (well, a
single group of people) to whom user feedback from all sources is
channeled[1], who would then rationalise it and organise it into
something that would form the basis of a prioritised list of user
requirements for each release.

Cheeri,
Calum.

[1] I expect they'd have to be a bit pro-active as well, monitoring
#gnome, gnomesupport.org, the main distro's own user forums etc.