Re: Formalizing the marketing team

No need to spend time convincing gnomers that marketing is more than
advertising. Let's go directly to the real discussion: what is the
mission of the GNOME Marketing Team. This mission should integrate
this very basic idea of what is marketing for us.

This discussion about the mission and the responsibilities defined
around the objectives will tell us also a lot about who is a member of
this marketing team.

My small contribution to this debate was done in the GNOME marketing
presentation at GUADEC, see
http://www.slideshare.net/qgil/7-actions-to-get-you-started-in-gnome-marketing
. I think most topics relating to the mission are covered there (but
the slides are probably not as self-evident as I would wish).

I'll try to come up with a draft for the mission text this morning.