Re: layout Plan - feedback form

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:39:12 +0100
LeeTambiah <l_tambiah linuxmail org> wrote:

Claus Schwarm has requested an extra block for the second page being a
link to feedback form. I personally feel this is unnecessary  as the
user can get information from the about section.

Short background info: Marketing (also Sales) is like trying to find a
way in the dark without measurement. You'll never know whether
your marketing campaign was 'correct', without some sort of measure of
success (usually in the form of a ststistic).

I didn't asked for a simple feedback form, I asked for a evaluation
question on every page:

 "Did _this page_ provided the information you were looking for?"

Of course, this can link to a single form, but there needs to a key
identifying where the user came from.

The 'feedback' link thus serves two use cases:

 (1) User says: "Hey, I thought to get information ABC here. You should
add information ABC." and you'll know where he was when he wrote that.

 (2) User says: "Hey, I was looking for a way to download GNOME but
didn't find it. Where is it?" where the location info is not so
important.

However, both will give you an idea what needs improvment.

Additionally, you can add a measure raning from 1 to 7. If people
really judge pages, you'll get an idea which pages are low quality.
This will give you the opportunity to improve these pages.

In short: Without measurement you just change wgo. This is what
currently happens. You can't improve it unless you have a clue where and
how.

Cheers,
Claus