Re: layout Plan - feedback form

Hi,

LeeTambiah wrote:
Claus Schwarm has requested an extra block for the second page being a
link to feedback form. I personally feel this is unnecessary  as the
user can get information from the about section.

Shall we go with this, drop it, or add as an optional component?

I've mostly stayed out of the webpage discussions because I don't have
any time to give it, and because Quim's been doing such a great job
leading the project, but there are a couple of things that are confusing
me here...

What exactly do you mean, Lee, by a "block"? Isn't a link just a link?
And which page is the second one?

Certain information can benefit from redundancy - for example, a link to
a feedback form makes sense on a "Support" page as on a "Contribute"
page. Or even on the "About" page. The lists of links should be kept
short (no more than 7 or 8 links in one block, if I understand correctly
what a block is). So if the second page is relevant to a "I use GNOME,
and would like to report an issue" use-case, and there is a block
relevant to "Contacting someone from GNOME", then a link to a feedback
form is relevant. The core question is, what is this second page for?

What's most important is that the pages be clean, with few blocks of
text, and a menu which brings you directly to most of the common
information you might want (see the UseCases for that information).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary