Re: Defining products list and pages

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 13:56 +0200, Gergely Nagy wrote:
On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 12:58 +0200, Claus Schwarm wrote:

Maybe it's useful to remember that the products.html page was in the
'About' section: The navigation of the product pages needs some serious
thought unless we want to go deeper than a 3 level navigation or make
'Products' a top-level item.

When I was writing my BSc thesis on accessible CMSs, I did some research
on navigation. According to [1] the optimal size for a menu is about 5-7
entries, and that they are preferably "shallow", so avoid deep
hierarchies.

This is indeed pretty standard usability advice, although as usual with
this sort of thing it's not completely cut and dried.  Some more useful
analysis/references here:
http://www.humanfactors.com/downloads/apr03.asp .

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group