Re: Defining products list and pages

GnomeWeb/SoftwareMap is now http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/GnomeProducts

I've tried to summarize there the agreements, the planning work needs to
concentrate now on the "draft" sections and the update of deletion of
the "Needs update" section. Hopefully this is something Simon can do
without much surprises, following the lines of his last email.

El dt 08 de 08 del 2006 a les 18:11 +0200, en/na Simon Rozet va
escriure:

Which contents on this page ?
-----------------------------

To start with see the work done by Claus at
http://gnome-apps.berlios.de/ , also what he attached at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2006-August/msg00046.html

Claus, if I'm missing other drafts you have provided about product pages
please let us know.

- A part with structured informations : website, maintainer, ...
This part can be machine-generated.

Going into details, select the DOAP properties to be used in the product
pages - http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-osproj3/

- A free-part wish feature the application in a cool way with
screenshots.

Right. I think that even this could be shared with the projects via
DOAP / syndication. Think that now most of them have websites in just
one language, very few have 2 or 3. We are going to translate the
product pages in n supported languages. Imagine they could offer these
"summary pages" in their own website with a marketing approach and in
several languages, with no extra effort.

Example :
http://ploum.frimouvy.org/?2006/03/15/100-why-you-should-try-epiphany-as-your-default-browser-with-gnome-214

Well, too long and detailed. A page like this would be useful in a
"Epiphany in a nutshell" page in the Epiphany project page, I think. Do
you agree we go for something like a 20sec ad?

- Auto-generated.

http://www.gnome.org/products is better. Specially if we aim to cover
the 4 release suites, from which just 1 is "desktop".

Which apps ?
------------
I propose to start with a small list of clear candidates (Like gedit,
rhythmbox, epiphany, ...)

Let's apply the framework of the GNOME release suites proposed by Jeff.
Going into details, define a draft list of product pages. IMO it is
better to start with few but very well done. For the selection have in
mind http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/UseCases

So... whit DOAPs, we can auto-generate (in several languages)

Going into details, define how this will work. Marketing, developers and
translators will be editing the same DOAP files? Where and how?

Simon, thank you for your patience. You are about to reach the start of
the implementation.  :)