Re: Create your own customised GNOME liveCD

On 7/26/05, Corey Burger <corey burger gmail com> wrote:
Wow, that was a lot of anger.

*smile*

I am not advocating that gnome stop marketing itself. I am merely
saying that once you start installing something on a machine, you have
to support it. And no, gnomesupport is not the kind of support I am
talking about. I am talking about security patches and similar non-fun
stuff.

Hey, have I lately talked about KLA? :) Did I mention that they are
spreading out 50.000 copies to schools in France? They are two and a
half part time developers. There are no timely security updates. And
look how well Microsoft supports its users with spyware infected
computers. The only software on a desktop system that needs updates is
the web browser.

No, no, no :o) I don't understand marketing that gives away lots of
its possible effect for being holier than the pope :^)

If Gnome wants to go this path and become a distribution in and of
itself, that is fine, but I doubt that that is what your average gnome
hacker wants.

My guess is that the average hackers wants as many people to use his
software as possible. That is kind of applause for the artist :)
GNOME does not need to become a distribution by itself it simply can
plug to something existing.

Marcus