Re: [Fwd: Re: New supporter]

On 7/5/05, John Williams <jwilliams business otago ac nz> wrote:
On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 15:44 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:

Now, I think what John is pushing for in terms of research (and what
at least one other party is quietly working on)
Oooh! Oooh! Who?

I'm not sure he wants it particularly public yet, so I won't name a
name, but he's been working on it for his MBA thesis (hence some
privacy to the effort) and I believe he'll be releasing results in the
fall. There isn't much overlap as far as I can tell with what you're
poking at, but I'm not really privy to his data.

That kind
of persuasive research and communication, among peers[2], is the only
way we can influence the technological direction of GNOME.
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for making this explicit Luis. Perhaps these thoughts should be displayed
prominently on the MarketingTeam page?

Would you like to edit that page Luis? If not, do you trust me to do it
on your behalf?

Go for it! :) This peer thing means I have to try to trust you, and
fix it later if it doesn't work out :)
(http://enthusiasm.cozy.org/archives/2004/04/optimistic-concurrency
for another take on this and how it works/has to work for us, from an
apache dev.)

Luis