Re: [Fwd: Re: New supporter]

On 7/5/05, Claus Schwarm <c schwarm gmx net> wrote:
So, althought our own efforts have no direct result for us, did I
understand you correcty: You dare to say we're not really peers? Don't
you think, this is a little bit demotivating?

It might be demotivating for some folks, I guess, but I don't think it
should be. Supporting and serving and fulfilling the needs of a group
who you feel is doing honorable, valuable work (instead of
managing/directing/'leading' them) is in and of itself honorable,
valuable, important work.

Certainly this is the role I and the bugsquad has taken for years, and
it has served GNOME well- it makes the developers very happy to work
with the bugsquad and meet our mutual goals once they are clarified
and explained, and it gives us a clear framework to work within that
makes sense for a volunteer organization, and for the motivations
within a volunteer organization.

Luis