Re: response to linus...?

If your enthusiasm may kill in one day what we are trying to build in
years, the least we could do is to warn you.

it's not because of "one day", but because of the absolute lack of
interest in key issues i see here.

As far as I know we are only stopping from puting GNOME in your signature.

i already said it was not important: i wasn't trying to put gnome in
my signature, but put gnome marketing team and NOT my signature.  it
doesn't matter who wrote it, what it needs is backing.

Ask yourself why is so important for you to keep it there.

backing is important because if a letter doesn't have any, it won't
get read, no matter the contents.

Ask yourself why aren't you asking if the board or any other high
profile GNOME member has contacted Linus yet.

because my main concern wasn't talking to linus, but "talking" to the
audience who already heard linus.

i don't give a damn about what linus thinks of gnome, but i do give a
damn about him trashing our image in public.

How can you keep avoiding the fact that "The Foundation will act as an
official voice for the GNOME project" (http://foundation.gnome.org/),

so i'm sure they have published something already, and i missed it,
right?  btw how much have they published in the last year, as the
"official voice"?

Leading a marketing action like the one you are proposing in the context
of our structure and our history as organisation would be considered
possibly wrong by most authors of these books.

you're speaking as if i had written an insulting letter to the guy.

You can help changing this structure and history in
order to improve them and allow marketing actions like this in a near
future.

and how do you plan to do that, exactly?

My recommendation: go to sleep, take a shower, read back all this thread
and take not-hot conclusions. Linus can wait one day to be convinced
isn't it?

again, i wasn't trying to convince linus; how many times did i already
say my focus was on our brand image?

I'm just
suggesting you take out "GNOME Marketing Team" from your signature.

again, that wasn't an issue.

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra