Re: Slogans & visuals revisited

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 06:25:11PM +0100, David Neary wrote:
Speaking of laying our hands on stuff - could we start collecting
contacts in the marketing departments of our benefactor
companies? I think it would be really useful to start collecting
sugar daddies for when we want someone to cover printing costs
and the like :)

You may put me down for Intel.  I've been working with them on
and off on supporting GNOME.  They've made a positive decision
to invest in GNOME by supplying hardware and what not but it's been
frightfully slow.  I haven't been bugging the powers that be since
I know it does take time when money/resources are given away. :-)

I have some other contacts within the company but I don't know them
and I rather I talk with them first.  Of course everyone in my group
knows that I'm a big GNOME supporter and do frequent "demonstrations"
(eg bragging rights)