Re: About a list for India

<quote who="Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay">

i believe that sayamindu dasgupta will write to you about the above since
i was discussing the feasibility of the same with him. the question is -
could you set up a list for India ? i am willing to share admin
responsibilities along with sayamindu (my e-id in that case will be the
same as this one :: sankarshanmukhopadhyay vsnl net )

i feel that there is tremendous marketing (incl branding and advocacy)
potential in india with respect to Gnome and given that a majority of the
L10n projects do take on Gnome first, it provides us with a ready
repository of eye-candy and solid development work that can be utilised as
a marketing tool.

Hi there,

This is really great, thank you!

One of the things we need to resolve here is how we can work with existing
Indian groups, and whether it makes sense to have a general "GNOME India"
marketing team, or groups per province or even language... There is so much
interest in GNOME from India at the moment, we're at risk of having too many
groups! :-)

On one hand we have indlinux.org, and the associated language-oriented user
groups. On the other hand, I have heard that some of the Novell GNOME guys
in Bangalore are starting up a user group there. I don't think there's a lot
of duplication-of-effort between those, but it's something to think about.

Do you think that a gnome-in-list, for India-wide GNOME marketing discussion
would make things easier? Would it be useful to have that list for groups in
each province (or per-language) to come together and share resources? Should
we get in touch with the other groups and see what they think? How can we
involve these other groups?

Lots of things to consider - what do you think?

Thanks,

- Jeff

                   "Socks for the foot menu!" - Liam Quin