Re: [Ekiga-list] About Ekiga.net

Le dimanche 29 mars 2015 à 11:26 +0200, Gerhard Pircher a écrit :
Am 2015-03-28 um 19:39 schrieb David Ford:
> This is the problem of community software.
>
> So what are the other options?
> What partnership? What platforms?
>
> And, importantly, what would the Ekiga team actually LIKE to do - you
> are the people who make Ekiga happen.
>
> David
>
>> On 28 March 2015 at 17:12, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com
>> <mailto:dsandras seconix com>> wrote:
>>
>>     __
>>     Hi everyone,
>>

>>     Ekiga.net has been running since 2006 when there were no free SIP
>>     providers. Maintaining the platform is much work for our small team.
>>     Some features have been missing for years without anyone having the
>>     time to implement them.
>>
>>     Should we keep the platform or try to find a partnership with
>>     someone to move it to another platform?
>>
>>     Who is using Ekiga.net?
I'm a longtime Ekiga.net user and I'm using it almost every day on my
mobile phone or desktop machine since about two years (when my own
Asterisk server machine broke down).

>>     Through the years there have been nearly 1 million subscribers.
>>
>>     Ah well, if each of them had donated 1 € ;)
Donations would certainly be an option for me (as long as I don't have
to be a Paypal customer for this ;) ).

But I'm also curious to know what the team likes to do, what the other
options and especially the missing feature are. I have to admit that I
didn't miss any feature up to now. :-)

The top 3 missing features are:
- Server-side NAT handling
- Be able to delete his account
- Have a better account recovery procedure

Currently, the password is sent in clear text (which is inadmissible)...
--
Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org