Re: [Ekiga-list] STUN server "stun.ekiga.net" replies Blocked, external IP 127.0.0.1

On 04/04/2015 12:15 AM, John Talbut wrote:
On 03/04/15 17:08, mdbug wrote:

On 04/03/2015 10:10 AM, John Talbut wrote:

I had checked and have rechecked my router and ports 3478 - 3479 are
allowed.  Also I can successfully ping and run traceroute to
77.72.174.167.

I would suggest running a VOIP port check.
Change _registar to your sip provider in the attached script and see
what happens.

Do read third paragraph of header for needed applications.

Thanks for that suggestion.  I changed _registar to "sip.ekiga.net" and
I have run the test with various results.  The first time I tried it
this morning all the LAN ports passed and all the WAN ports failed.

Which would suggest router was blocking.

Subsequently when I run the test I get one or more of the LAN ports
failing, but different ones each time.

That is odd. There is a "-w 3" argument which indicates netcat (nc) should wait 3 seconds before timing out causing the error message.

you could change  -w 3 to  -w 5 to see if the port test start working.
If it runs more reliably, I have no idea why it takes more than three seconds to get a connection established.

I have no clue as to how long ekiga waits before timing out.

There can be no DNS issues because script gets the ip addresses prior to starting test. See for yourself, paste these in a terminal.

    _lan_ip=$(hostname --ip-address)
    _wan_ip=$(wget -qO - http://myip.dnsomatic.com/)

    echo "lan ip $_lan_ip"
    echo "wan ip $_wan_ip"

Test does assume ipv4 addressing.

My /etc/hosts.(allow | deny) files have no entries, everything in them
is commented out.  I do not have iptables installed.  My router appears
to be set up in accordance with
wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Enable_port_forwarding_manually and has not
been changed since Ekiga was working for me.

The only other variable is your ISP could have updated your router's firmware or router has been cracked and port forwarding is different.

The port tests are dead simple. nc uses source port _sport=38564, opens LAN_ip_addy:destination_port and sends message.

At end of run, uses pkill to close all ports, then runs test again for WAN ip address if there were no LAN failures.