Re: [Ekiga-list] BT HomeHub blocking UDP 5060

On 09/08/2013 05:06 PM, Mark Carroll wrote:
Stuart Gathman <stuart gathman org> writes:

Yes, this still happens to me.  The problem is actually with the Desktop
environment, not with Ekiga (other than refusing to provide an
alternative to broken notifiers).
As I'm using a lightweight twm derivative, I am not sure I exactly have
a "Desktop environment" -- I wonder if that was my problem.

Ekiga is supposed to check whether notifiers with buttons are supported, and automatically fall back to popping up the call window (with answer button) if not. So a Desktop that does not support notifiers should not be a problem, unless there is a bug in libnotify or ekiga. However, some DEs (Desktop Environments) claim to support notifiers with buttons, but actually don't. (Or the support is broken, e.g. one of the buttons is offscreen and unclickable.)