Re: [Ekiga-list] BT HomeHub blocking UDP 5060

On 01/09/13 19:05, Mark Carroll wrote:
I am having trouble with ekiga not registering when behind a BT Home
Hub running software version 8.1.H.U (Type A), whether or not I enable
network detection in the preferences. The -d 4 log is pasted at
http://pastebin.com/bd6kAWgp

Both logs report symmetric nat, and in this case ekiga voluntarily *prevents* you from registering. This is probably caused by 5060 being blocked.

Are 5063 to 5060 blocked too or not?

In probing the port forwarding I set up, I discover that it is doing all
the forwarding correctly except for UDP port 5060. 5059 and 5061 are
forwarding just fine, as are UDP 3478,9 and TCP 1720. I am thus guessing
it has some built-in grabbing of 5060 for its own purposes.

Would this forwarding issue explain the failure to register with
ekiga.net?

I think yes, but I am not sure :(  I have to make tests for that.

Is it possible to use Ekiga, at least to initiate SIP calls, if it is
behind NAT that won't forward 5060?

I think yes, but I am not sure :(  I have to make tests for that.

So a good idea is to make ekiga use a port different than 5060, as written in previous e-mail.