De: Oliver Friedrich <friedrich_o web de>
Para: Ekiga mailing list <ekiga-list gnome org>
Enviado: Martes 3 de septiembre de 2013 21:41
Asunto: Re: [Ekiga-list] registrar over dnydns?

On 02.09.2013 12:40, junk_no_spam wrote:
> On 09/02/2013 04:12 AM, Oliver Friedrich wrote:
>
>> in my case the "provider" is my fritzbox (router) that forwards the
>> calls to ekiga. As I said - with the ip address it work. The problem is
>> only that I want to use dyndns.
>
> Let's pick some terms to agree upon.
> Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) provides you with an Internet
> connection.
>
> You have selected dyndns to be a domain name provider. It joins your
> dyndns domain name to your ISP ip address.
>
> All ekiga wants is a Voice Over IP (VOIP) provider which you use in
> ekiga Account registar and Name fields.
>
> When you fire up ekiga, it calls your VOIP provider's server, gives
> your id/pw and your VOIP's servers now knows your ip address provided
> by your ISP.
>
> It then sends any calls back to that IP, which happens to be your
> router's Internet WAN address.
>
> As you can see, dyndns was nowhere in the loop. For ekiga software to
> receive a call, someone calls your VOIP id, the VOIP server looks up
> your id, gets the ip address where your id/pw showed up on, and sends
> a udp packet to that IP on port 5060. Your router should forward that
> WAN packet to your LAN ip node where the ekiga application would
> accept the incoming call.
>
> In my setup, I have three nodes on my LAN. I have to tell the router
> to forward the ekiga/sip ports to the WAN ip address where I have the
> ekiga application running in order to originate or receive any calls.
>
> You either hard code the LAN ip address to forward your SIP traffic,
> or you have to configure your router to dynamically configure the
> required ports to the LAN ip address which opens port 3478 or 3479, if
> possible.
>
> I am pretty sure you will not get dyndns to provide your LAN ip
> address unless your router is in a bridge mode where the LAN ip
> address is the WAN ip address.
Okay - let me put that straight:
I can use ekiga with the WAN IP of my router as registrar (since it
works obviously perfectly) but I can't use the dyndns which should be
(per definition) nothing else but a mapping between hostname an ip. It
sounds a bit weird to me.
Also I don't use the voip provider directly (which I wanted to make
clear by saying: the registrar is my router).
It is connected to the isp (which in my case is the voip provider) and
forwards calls to it's clients - e.g. ekiga (or the "normal" telephone).
And since it shall forward the calls not only in LAN but over WAN, I
need to tell ekiga the WAN ip of my router - and here I want to use
dyndns.....

So you see: in this loop there is dyndns which doesn't work :(