Re: [Ekiga-list] H.323 gatekeeper registration with extension and alias

Using Ekiga with Polycom (or Tandberg) system is possible but without all functions.
If your gatekeeper handles SIP, or (SIP and H323) it is possible to use personnal accounts and register to gate keeper. Depending on Polycom software version, it is necessary to have a first h323 connection to initialize the bridge (!!!)
For H323 only gatekeeper, there are 2 way to configure it :
  1. transparent : authorize all clients. The you can access to videoconferencing with any client (using h323:<gatekeeper_IP_address>)
  2. with accounting : password is not managed by client, then leave passward blank. You can connect clients using h323:<account>@<gatekeeper_IP_address>

If you have an IP or a test account, I will test it.

Best regards

Thierry