[Ekiga-list] "remote party host is offline"

I'm trying to use ekiga on a Vista laptop and an XP laptop behind the same NAT router. It worked on both laptops for a few days, without any port forwarding, then it stopped working, on both at the same time. On both of them it doesn't register, and I get the message "remote party host is offline."

I don't want to use port forwarding or triggering, because I want to use ekiga on both laptops if possible, and it *did* work that way for a few days.

It stopped working after I installed some other softphones to try them out, but I made sure they weren't running when I tried to use Ekiga.

Does anyone know, is the Ekiga server off line? If not, does anyone have any ideas for me to try, besides port forwarding or triggering?