Re: [Ekiga-list] Any prospect of Ekiga being ported to MacOS

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, el_gallo_azul wrote:

1. Operating system usage share:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

2. I am trying to find out myself whether any SIP account can connect to any other SIP account, regardless of
the software. I don't know yet, but would appreciate if you let me know the outcome of your post.

3. Available SIP applications (I believe we discussed this on Saturday):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SIP_software

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_VoIP_software (this shows the operating systems)

Greg Flint

PO Box 642 Parap NT 0804 Australia

Phone +61 (0)8 8945 1725
Mobile +61 (0)428 279 021
Australian Central Standard Time (CST) = GMT + 9.5
sip: el_gallo_azul ekiga net
sip: 473936 sip diamondcard us
sip: 0889451725 sip internode on net

Hello.

The second link above; the "Comparison of VOIP Software" is the one to which I referred in the contact with you, when I could not remember what exactly was the wikipedia web page.

From that web page, I found that Linphone apparently runs on each of
Linux, MS Windows, and Mac OSX.

I have mentioned that to my brother, so I will find what he does about it and possibly trying it on his Apple computer (assuming that his computer is running Mac OSX - I do not know which OS he is running).

I have installed Linphone to try it.

Using Linphone, I have just attempted a phone call to you (Greg). Linphone shows the call as having been successful, with a duration of about 45 seconds, but, after the ringing stopped, the line went quiet, and I did not hear any sound coming from the other end.

So, I assume that Linphone can not communicate with Ekiga.

That is my assumption, but I do not know enough for that assumption to be valid.

According to the web page at http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_Interoperability , communication between Ekiga and Linphone (v1.5), should work, for video and audio.

The version of Linphone that I installed, is 3.3.2-1, from the packages repository for Debian Linux 6.0.x .

Anyway, if you could advise what, if anything, shows in your event history, for that attempt, it would be good.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."