Re: [Ekiga-list] Difficulty using Voipbuster with Ekiga in Ubuntu 11.11

On 19/10/11 13:32, Carola y Pablo wrote:
Thank you Eugen.

The thing is that Casa is a telephone.  So it seems like "being online"
is not pertinent, right?  My problem is, precisely, that I cannot call

You are right.  But to see what happens, we need -d 4 output.

telephones from my PC using Ekiga with Voipbuster sip. If I should send
you my -d 4 output, can you explain to me how to do that?  How do I make
a Telephone be "online"?

See http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_debug_output .

In consulting the Voipbuster page
http://www.voipbuster.com/en/sipp.html

It gives these instructions:
	SIP port : 5060
	Registrar : sip.voipbuster.com
	Proxy server : sip.voipbuster.com
	Outbound proxy server : leave empty
	Account name : your VoipBuster username
	Password : your VoipBuster password
	Display name/number : your VoipBuster username or voipnumber
	Stunserver (option) : stun.voipbuster.com

ONe thing is that it asks me to use a proxy server, but I find no place
in the setup options for Ekiga to indicate the proxy server.  Could that
make a difference?

There is, at Preferences->Protocols->SipSettings.  Try with it and without.

Also, you say that if the codec were mismathed, I would get an error
message, which I don't get.  I notice that on the voipbuster page it
says

         Codecs
         	G.711 (64 kbps)
         	G.726 (32 kbps)
         	G.729 (8 kbps)
         	G.723 (5.3&  6.3 kbps)
         	GSMFR (13.2 kbps)-d 4 output

         If you have audio problems:
         Use a STUN server (e.g. stun.voipbuster.com) with port 3478 (if
         supported by your device)
         Use the G.711 codec

But in the Ekiga options, G.711 is not an option.  Could that make a
difference?

We will see.