Re: [Ekiga-list] Re : USB Hercules Muse LT3 [SOLVED]

On 05/06/11 12:31, Gandalfinium Le blanc wrote:
Got It Solved,

Great!

in fact, USB Muse LT3 is a cheap cound card and is not able to support all codec and all change of rate sample.
This particular problem was solved with the selection of CELT 32 KHz Codec

You can also try Speex 16kHz.

--- En date de : Mar 31.5.11, Gandalfinium Le blanc<gandalfinium yahoo fr>  a écrit :

De: Gandalfinium Le blanc<gandalfinium yahoo fr>
Objet: [Ekiga-list] USB Hercules Muse LT3
À: ekiga-list gnome org
Date: Mardi 31 mai 2011, 20h53

Hi,
I'm using this marvellous software (Ekiga) with an external sound card : the USB Hercules Gamesurround Muse XL LT3. I've configured the audio driver of ekiga to use this card specifically.  Emission of sound with mic ou line if ok but reception of sound is inaudible. It makes a incomprehensible creepy voice.
I'm on Debian squeeze, I tested with a good server in gigabyte LAN still the same. I tested with the internal sound card everything was OK. Unfortunately I have to use an external sound card, such as muse.
Do you think it's a codec problem that
  could not be sync with rate sample of the card ?
Is there a specific configuration to improve the reception of sound via USB sound card ?
Thank for answer