Re: [Ekiga-list] not able of talking to anybody in ekiga (stara posta)

On 05/01/11 05:38, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:

On 04 Jan, 2011,at 06:27 PM, Andres Cimmarusti<acimmarusti gmail com>  wrote:

 I also confirm the same issues. My girlfriend fired up Ekiga 3.2.6 on
 her Ubuntu 10.04 (32-bits) laptop using her ekiga.net<http://ekiga.net>
 account. While I
 was using Ekiga 3.2.7 on Debian Squeeze (64-bits) on my own ekiga.net
 <http://ekiga.net>
 account.

 First of all, even though she was online and added to my list of
 contacts, she did NOT appear as online. Furthermore any attempt to
 call her made by me ended up with the message "User not available".
 Chat messages were also not received.

For User not available, please send us the -d 4 output for both machines when this appear.

 Curiously she was (sometimes) able to see me online. Whenever she
 called me (whether I appeared online or not) I would get the call and
 could talk and transmit video (though sometimes it just refused to
 work...)

Presence has always been very unreliable for me. In the situation you've
described above, I've found that if both users concurrently sign out, then sign
back in again, calling works as it should.

I'll add to this instances where a user has logged off, but in other users'
clients he/she still appears as being online for some considerable length of

I think this is 10 minutes. This is because ekiga does not unregister when quitting (to reduce quit time). Still, I would prefer to do it, it is on my lengthy TODO list...