Re: [Ekiga-list] Which libraries are needed for Ekiga?

On 08/01/11 00:12, Grigory Maksaev wrote:

Hi!

I have pre-installed Ekiga 3.2.6 (x86_64 repo) on my Mandriva 2010.2 64 bit system. Sound seems to be OK, but unfortunately it can't recognize my built-in webcamera (it's a laptop).
I installed from 64bit repo the following packages with corresponding plug-ins:
lib64opal3.6.6
lib64pwlib1
but only libpt2.6.5 for i586 was available, so i installed it with all its dependences too.

But nothing changed - camera is still can't be recognized, neither with PTLIB/V4L nor with PTLIB/V4L2.
Did I install wrong packages?

I do not know.  It's indeed ptlib 2.6.5 who is used by ekiga 3.2.6.

Send us the debug output (-d 4) after trying V4L and V4L2.

Maybe ekiga is not built with libv4l support on mandriva? Where is the log of ekiga building on mandriva?

On the same laptop it used to work before under Suse, but only with GStreamer, but I don't see this option now.
Which packages are needed for GStreamer activation?

There is no package, gstreamer does not work currently. Did it work reliably when you tested it?