Re: [Ekiga-list] Sound has stopped working on ekiga.net account

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Eugen Dedu wrote:

On 11/04/11 01:21, alpinist wrote:
 I have an ekiga.net account that will no longer give me any sound.  It was
 working yesterday and stopped in the evening.  Still does not work today.

 Symptoms are that other people can hear me but I cannot hear anything.  I
 call the echo test and hear nothing.

 My set up is correct.  I have another sip address with another provider
 and
 it works perfectly.  Same software, same device.  I can hear and receive
 sound no problem.

Ekiga.net doesn't like private IPs appearing in SIP. It doesn't like double NAT. Ekiga.net doesn't work with either my home or office network.
(diamondcard.us and aptela.com have no problems).  I generally turn
off network detection.

I can only get ekiga.net to work with a public IP or single NAT layer
(which you can get at Starbucks, etc).

By any chance were you on a different network between morning and evening?
Perhaps one meets ekiga.net requirements, and the other doesn't.

All these NAT problems can be avoided if your contact has access to the same VPN as you (just skip ekiga.net and call direct). I suspect that using
IP6 solves the problem as well.  I haven't tested, but that would be a good
reason to get serious about IP6.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart gathman org>