Re: [Ekiga-list] SIP NUMBER

You are simply amazing with your responses. Only you reply most of the time so I wonder, or maybe because it's weekend I'm not getting much participation from others. I just want you to know that I appreciate every single effort you make to press that keyboard of yours. Thanks.

Okay, from what you said.. I decided to do some resarch and I found out that you are indeed right. It could either be one or all of 3 areas: Network, SIP Provider  and/or VOIP setting since it takes a cobination of these 3 elements to place a call. Having checked the two last options (SIP Provider and VOIP), I can clearly say it's neither of these because I have tried to use different SIP accounts on ekiga VOIP - I still have same problem. And I also tried to use different VOIP devices on ekiga SIP account - but still have the same problem. So I concluded that maybe one or more of my TCP/UDP ports needed to be opened. Since I do not have a router to be updated but just an Ethernet LAN cable connected to a small modem I went to my TCP/UDP firewall setting (I have Vista) and added some ports based on what we have here, then I restarted Ekiga and tested. Behold, I can now hear myself in the echo test (BUT not too clearly) it's better than previously when I couldn't hear myself at all and when people complained audio was breaking up badly from my end. I made a test call to my other line and left a voice mail. Initially whenever I made a test call to my voicemail line, when I go back to check my voicemail, I don't hear anything. But this time when I checked I heared myself but not so clearly. Hmm.. I would appreciate it if someone with good network background to chime in as you have said and help me resolve this issue totally.

Thanks in anticipation of any swift response...

Justin