Re: [Ekiga-list] problem with video output

Hi,

On 15/07/10 20:32, Carsten Breuer wrote:
Hi Ravi,
hi all,

There was an error opening or initializing the video output. Please
verify that no other application is using the accelerated video output.

This is IMO a bug in ptlib.
I have the same proble on one of my computers.

I'm not sure if any ekiga developers reads this list,
because i don't get any response on my log snipset.

I have several (many) e-mails I would like to respond to, but my time is very limited currently... The problem is lack of developers for ekiga. If someone can help, he is welcome.

I have played a bit with the libs and it will be possible
to build that stuff under windows, nonethelesse this is
a lot of work. Ptlib and opal are allready buildable
with Visual Studio, some other libs like OpenLdap not.

There is no need of Visual Studio. Just follow the steps from wiki, and you will have no building problem.

I don't have the time to jump in.
It will be essential that the windows version
can be debugged in windows.

The current solution is not really great.

BTW: Someone ever thought to port ekiga to QT?<gd&r>

Thought, maybe.  Implementing, no :o)

Cheers,