Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga on Ubuntu using DSL 302G D-Link modem

> > Does the code in Ekiga simply preclude such an interaction with a DSL
> > 302G modem (in bridging mode)?
>
> To my knowledge, ekiga does not work in one type of NAT: Symmetric NAT.
>   This type of NAT cannot be served by a VoIP program without a "trick".
>  Skipe works in this case too because it uses the other users of skipe
> as proxies, otherwise said the other users give (are forced to give)
> ressources (CPU and network bandwidth) for Symmetric NAT skipe users.

But the "port-triggering" on the wiki is just such a trick to open
up a symmetric NAT locally: to give a "restricted CONE". It works on
at least one of the D-Link models, so I would expect it to work
on all.

But "bridging mode", I suspect, is not NAT. And I would not expect
trigger rules to apply in that situation. But I am not really sure:
I have only used bridge mode when gatewaying onto a local subnet.

I suspect it is a problem in configuring the modem/router, but I don't know
the model and have no experience with a combined modem/router. So I hope
someone with the right background or experience will come in here.

ael