Re: [Ekiga-list] echo test not clear

This is defined by the SIP server, one can use any recorded messages one
likes, Ekiga.net chooses English.

It is also possible to have differing messages played depending on
characteristics of a call, for example a calling number, user keypress,
etc...

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+multi-language

One simply configures the dialplan to play a recorded filename.

the recorded filename could contain any desired audio. some companies
offer pre-recorded messages in almost any language.

When I listen to that same message, the 1st words are not cut off, so it
may be you need to check round-trip time, frame loss, and jitter.

try disabling echo cancellation and silence detect in Ekiga GUI.

Best regards,

--
Shawn Adams
shawn_adams web de