Re: [Ekiga-list] disabling webcam

On 22/12/10 20:07, Giorgio TOMBOLA wrote:
Is it possible to have audio conversation only without video?

When I open Ekiga I disable video: the image from my web cam disappear
and the white led next to the web cam is switched off. But as soon as I
accept an incoming call the white led switch on and the image appear
again but frozen (the image never update).

Given that I'm using a HDSPA modem with limited speed (around 40 KB
maximum) I suspect that video streaming overload my web connection and
lead Ekiga to freeze. And more than this I can hear but not send audio.

I would try without video to see if it improve.

To avoid video, you can switch off all the video codecs in Preferences.