Re: [Ekiga-list] Theora video freezes on Ekiga 3.2.7 Beta (Windows XP )

On 07 Dec, 2010,at 05:29 PM, Dave Koelmeyer <davekoelmeyer mecom> wrote:

Yes, please send us a debugging file, as shown at
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_debug_output_2.

Hi Eugen/All,

Debug output is linked below. A change to the test case, as I am running on the work system - but I can recreate the problem identically. Another discovery - I can actually force the video to freeze with apparent consistency.

The Windows system in this case is Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit, Ekiga 3.2.7. It has a public IP address, on a LAN making a SIP call using Ekiga.net to another system within the same firewall but also with a public IP address - this system is running OpenIndiana oi_147 with Ekiga 3.2.7.

Windows is running on a Dell Latitude with a built-in webcam. Theora is the only selected codec.

I have found that a video call can be initiated fine. However, on the Windows machine, if one say waves a hand or makes any substantial movement in front of/very close to the camera, the user at the other end will see the remote video freeze. I can make the system do this at will, simply by gesticulating in front of the camera, no joke. Calls are perfectly stable - as long as one stays very still!

Debug output from the Windows machine here:

http://www.davekoelmeyer.co.nz/docs/EkigaWindows3.2.7TheoraFreezes.txt

The video is observed to freeze roughly 20 seconds into the call (when I decided to wave my hand around).

Highly curious to know what is going on here!

Cheers,
Dave