Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga w/VoipDiscount.com -

On 21/04/10 19:35, Bob Goodwin wrote:
On 21/04/10 17:58, David Ford wrote:
Hi Bob - I just added myself to the audio and video groups - and Now I can Register!!!!!!

The echo test still doesn't work though.

I think the voice group must be an Ubuntu thing I'm not sure which of the two made the difference as I don't want to mess with it now it's half working!
David

   Ok, I added myself to the audio group and that made a difference. It
   rung through to my cell phone but immediately switched to the voice
   mail function. However the announcement came through loud and very
   clear! Progress!

   I was looking for a "voice" group earlier and there was none.
   There's probably a "video" group too but I don't have a working web
   cam connected and can't afford to waste bandwidth streaming video. I
   only get 17 gigs down, 5 gigs up, per 30 day period on this
   satellite isp, and I have other users on my LAN. I am running at 45%
   usage now. We live in a rural area and there's no cable or DSL
   available.

   Thanks.

   Bob

   I tried another call to my cell phone and it went through normally.
   the cell phone could talk to the computer but the computer audio
   never reaches the telephone side? Now I have that problem to solve.
   I had the same problem with Skype when I tried it. Perhaps a port
   that needs opening in the router?

   Echolink required a port opened there and I tried opening 5060 which
   the voip phones seem to use but still have this audio problem.

   Bob