Re: [Ekiga-list] The far-end functionnality

Dear Damien,
    Thanks for your answer,

 1/ my best info is the following
3.  Far-End Camera Control Protocol

   This simple protocol is based on ITU-T H.281[ITU.281] frames carried
   in ITU-T H.224 packets in an RTP/UDP channel.  H.323 annex Q
   specifies how to build the RTP packets from the H.224 packets.

   Using far end camera control protocol in point-to-point calls and
   multipoint calls for packet-switch networks is described in H.323,
   annex Q.
http://www.itu.int/rec/dologin_pub.asp?lang=e&id=T-REC-H.323-200606-I!!PDF-E&type=items
http://www.itu.int/rec/dologin_pub.asp?lang=e&id=T-REC-H.281-199411-I!!PDF-E&type=items

while the need is not really all H281 (that drives a cam, e.g. : zoom, pan, tilt) but only keyboard (arrows, alphanumeric, ..) infos (refered as 3.8)

 2/ In OPAL http://www.opalvoip.org (see http://www.opalvoip.org/wiki/index.php?n=Main.H323Feaures) yes H.281/H.224 seems supported

 3/ adding support in the gui would not be that hard.
    Yes i guess
       3.1/ it is a button that's set/unset far-end and then a pipe from the keyboard to the H281 channel
for the purpose to connect to visio server this is it;
    If (well in order to do the job once)  remote camera control is wished (notice that we do not need the following for the purpose of connect to visio server)
       3.2/ a.k.o. convention for zoom (page-up/page-down ?), pan/tilt (using arrows ?) + an additional menu for : source selection (main cam / aux / doc cam / vcr / pc) ;  camera presets (for camera tracking from 0 to 9) ; remote snapshot

does it helps ?

Sincerely