Re: [Ekiga-list] DOS problem

Le samedi 17 octobre 2009 à 20:05 +1000, bnc netspeed com au a écrit :
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:38:15 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> Le samedi 17 octobre 2009 à 19:05 +1000, bnc netspeed com au a écrit :
>
> > On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:48:05 +0200
> > Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> >

> > > Where you blacklisted because of DNS requests ?!
> > > It does not make sense...
> > >

> > Yes, that is what they told me, because the messages came in so fast
> > they treated it as a DOS attack.
>

> It does not make sense... Is the Internet provider or the ITSP
> blacklisting you ?

The way I understand it, my isp is blocking it

That is really weird.

Notice you could use (if it is due to the DNS requests) 4.2.2.4 as nameserver.

But PTLIB is supposed to cache DNS information. I will check if I can reproduce the problem here.

--
 _     Damien Sandras
(o-