Re: [Ekiga-list] [ekiga 3.2.5 on Ubuntu Karmic] "Could not register: sip:foo ekiga net"

Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le lundi 05 octobre 2009 à 13:54 +0200, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
>> Detlef Lechner wrote:

>>> I did. Always the same result.

>>> I did. See the result: http://pastebin.ca/1594263. It's the same as before.
>>> What should I test next?
>> I honestly do not know what could be the problem (you receive 606 error
>> code).  Maybe someone other knows...
>>

> Probably the NAT router rewrites the packet in a way the SIP proxy does
> not understand it.

It should be very useful to create a small program, to be put on
ekiga.net machine when tackling such a problem, which gets just the
packets with a specified IP as src or dest.  We could very easily see
where the problem is and we have also a proof about who is responsible.

The program could be very simple, such as tshark (tcpdump) with a filter
on IP address.