Re: [Ekiga-list] still configuring ekiga

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Roger <arelem bigpond com> wrote:
> Hi all
> still trying to ./configure ekiga on fully updated F11
>
> Latest error is:
> checking for EDS... yes
> checking for NOTIFY... no
> checking for LDAP includes in /usr/include/...
> checking for main in -lldap... no
> configure: error: You need the LDAP library to compile Ekiga with LDAP
> support
>
> Google hasn't helped with ldap or notify

Have you tried System -> Administration -> Add/Remove Software? (Or
smth like that, I don't know the exact name as I'm using F9 here.)
Fedora's repo should have all the devel packages you need. Make sure
development packages aren't filtered out.

Also I'm curious why are you trying to compile Ekiga from source when
it's already available in Fedora? If you want 3.2.6 then you can
install it from testing.

--
Ian