Re: [Ekiga-list] mailing list archive-now trying to debug ekiga

Hi,

I'm running Kubuntu jaunty. I'm using a usb phone to make calls.

 I've installed the ekiga debugging thing from the repositories. But still get no feed back.

Everything seems fine, I just cann't hear a voice when I try an echo test.

Thanks

Ashley

> Please can I check that I type this in to the terminal?

I guess the question may be on whether you're on Windows. For Unix derivates, this is to be entered in a shell in a terminal (in an X windows display), yes. I'm no Windows user, but I've noticed:

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga

Debugging Ekiga on Windows
..
ekiga.exe -d 5 1>x 2>x

(I'm not sure whether the x after 1> and the x after 2> should be different paths. Or really just the letter x ?)

> Because I did this and nothing happen about from Ekiga starting up and
> when it was already running nothing happened. No report back.

The report should be in the file "output.txt" created in the directory from where you ran the above command. If the file exists, and you're on a system with gzip (like Linux), run "gzip output.txt" and then send "output.txt.gz"

Christian.