Re: [Ekiga-list] Cannot make SIP calls with Ekiga 3.0.1

> I am currently running ekiga on opensuse 11.1
> However, if you do a search of this list for posts from me you will see the
> issues I had.

I did a quick search, and I fould messages from you about compiling...
but nothing I read seem to link to the prob I'm encountering.. I might
have missed something though

> Two things spring to mind, one is you sy you declined the ekiga sip account,
> but did you remove the stun server as well?

In the 3.0.1 setup wizard, there is no step that details STUN server
setup - not that I saw anyway.  There are two steps for establishing
an ekiga.net account for outgoing and incoming calls.  Both steps have
a checkbox at the bottom for skipping that step.

> The other is that you are possibly running the wrong version.

The wrong version of what?  Ekiga?  It was/is the version released
with openSUSE 11.1, and the build from the openSUSE repositories.  If
it's the wrong version, I would imagine that a lot of openSUSE users
will be trying to use a broken build :-P  i hope that's not the case
here.

> I would be interested to know(if you are a KDE user) if you managed to
> compile it.

Yes, I'm a KDE user... KDE4 to be sepcific.  I haven't tried compiling
Ekiga, or anything in openSUSE 11.1 yet.  Just puling repo stuff for
now.

C.