Re: [Ekiga-list] Visual feedback when doing ekiga -c calls

yannick wrote:
Le mercredi 04 février 2009 à 15:08 +0100, Alec Leamas a écrit :
Yes, I'm missing something: the "called" state, waiting to pick up
the phone. Embarrasing. But not a problem, in this case there is a powerful visual representation :-)

What you missed is this:
you can turn the green tray icon to red or orange using the main GUI.
This is called presence.
Green=on line
orange=busy
red=do not disturb
Ah, I'm on Fedora. And after following the presence discussion for Fedora I've put it aside. I get your point.

But my point(s) are still valid: there is a need to somehow give some visual feedback when ekiga is making a call initiated by other means than the main window. And there is also a need to communicate the possible fact that we are not available at all when all accounts are down. With this said, the green/red idea was obviously not that great...maybe opening the main window is what's left. Other sip-phones does it, it can't be that bad...