Re: [Ekiga-list] [nylug-talk] assistance with free-ing educational text btg

Hi,
I am more than willing to document it on wiki whatever i have been doing to build E3 on KDE 8.04. I think i should do it without any request also

Currently, ekiga is done on KDE but there is one error:
      Whenever i try to launch ekiga, i see a message 'No Protocol Specified' and this message keeps coming 3-4 times in a row whenever i try to launch ekiga 3.0.2 and at last i see a segmentation fault error. I do't know if somebody also saw the same

I checked in /root/.gconf/apps/ekiga and i didnt see any protocols directory.

All I see is:  Codecs & Contacts directory. So i think there is something missing as part of the configuration.

If somebody has any idea on how to get the protocols also enlisted,then ekiga wont terminate searching for protocols.

Thanks,
Chaitanya

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:04 PM, yannick <sevmek free fr> wrote:
Le lundi 02 février 2009 à 16:08 +0530, chaitanya mehandru a écrit :
> Hi, I already joined the list and said 'Hi'. My name is Chaitanya
> Mehandru. I am currently half way through building ekiga 3 on kde
> 8.04. Some issues with the Makefiles to be resolved. Can we talk about
> this in advance..? I have build the opal and ptlib successfully.

Hello,

Will you be kind enough to document what you've done in our wiki?
-> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Main_Page

I can grant you a full writable access to the wiki, and open a page for
this topic.

Best regards,
Yannick

> [...]
>         > > http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIP
>         > > Click "join this group" on the page rhs to get on the
>         mailing list.
>         > >
>         > > I'll mention about your event on the 10-20 announcements I
>         send out
>         > > about BTIP, so that might get you some more exposure, &
>         perhaps
>         > > volunteers.  :)
>         > >
>         > >
>         > > I'll pass it on to a UCB CS professor, who is interested
>         in education
>         > > related topics. :)
>         > >
>         > > Is there anyone in your group who might like to give a
>         short, 5-10 min
>         > > talk about what you all are doing?  Maybe just before 12N
>         pacific
>         > > time =
>         > > < 3P Eastern?
>         > >
>         > >
>         > >
>         > > On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:24:20 -0500, "Kevin Mark"
>         > > <kevin mark verizon net> said:
>         > >>
>         > >> Forward from a fellow FLOSS supporter:
>         > >>
>         > >> If you are in the NY-area and would like to help out with
>         the project
>         > >> described
>         > >> below, they are looking for volunteers. Help FLOSSIFY the
>         enormously
>         > >> popular
>         > >> book Digital Foundations. The event is being hosted Feb
>         6-8 at the
>         > >> lovely
>         > >> Eyebeam with some Free as in Beer and Grub provided!
>         > >>
>         > >> *******************************************************
>         > >>
>         > >> FLOSSIFY 1 : Digital Foundations
>         > > ...
>         > >
>         > >> Our first text book is the wonderful Digital Foundations
>         book
>         > >> produced
>         > >> by Michael Mandiberg and Xtine Burrough
>         > >> (http://digital-foundations.net/). Its a text book
>         designed to teach
>         > >> software by teaching design. The current toolset it uses
>         is the Adobe
>         > >> Creative Suite and we will convert these examples
>         entirely to using
>         > >> free
>         > >> software.
>         > >>
>         > >> FLOSSIFY 1 : Digital Foundations will focus on a fun 3
>         day event at
>         > >> Eyebeam, NYC. Anyone is welcome to attend and some food
>         and beer
>         > >> will be
>         > >> provided. Come and meet some of your old geek friends,
>         make some new,
>         > >> and help make a step towards unshackling education from

Me joindre en téléphonie IP / vidéoconférence ?
sip:yannick ekiga net
Logiciel de VoIP Ekiga : http://www.ekiga.org
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Which_programs_work_with_Ekiga_%3F