Re: [Ekiga-list] Two ekiga logins on the same PC won't work?

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Jim Diamond <Jim Diamond acadiau ca> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec  6, 2009 at 12:48 (+0200), J??nis Ruk????ns wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Anyway the Ekiga is already using different ports for each account,
>> and the only thing listening on 5060 is required for is direct IP
>> dialling. I don't think many people are using this feature, it's
>> kinda irrelevant with DHCP-assigned IPs and hey, we have mDNS for
>> calling people on the same LAN.
>
> It is possible that not many people are using this feature, but
> speaking as someone who does use it, I'd like it not to be entirely
> dismissed out of hand.

Honestly I think calling by IP is much more common than having more
than one instance of Ekiga running on the same PC. However with the
advent of fast user switching we might expect the last issue to pop up
more often.

I'm not saying the possibility to dial by IP should be thrown out, I'm
using it myself very often. What I'm saying is that it shouldn't be a
"tragedy" for Ekiga if the port 5060 is already taken. Ekiga could
simply choose a different port and present the user with an
informational message that the default port is already in use by a
different application.

--
Ian