Re: [Ekiga-list] 3.2.5 seems to be broken here

ael wrote:
> I reported just now about a problem in failing to connect to ekiga.net
> on 3.2.5 (debian 3.2.5-1). I have started a new thread since things seem
> to be rather worse than I had first supposed.
>
> I want to start with a little moan. It is much harder to monitor what is
> happening now compared with earlier versions. They would tell you about
> NAT navigation, provide lots of useful digestible information in the
> General history window and elsewhere. In this version there is almost no
> information outside of the -d 4 dumps which are not an easy read!
> A -d 1 dump crashed! A -d 2 dump is a bit more useful.

We are very interested by the crash for -d 1, could you give us a gdb trace?

> Different runs of ekiga 3.2.5 produce a whole variety of different
> results! Sometimes one or more sip servers register. But I do not seem
> to receive any incoming audio packets. From 500 ekiga net, for example.
> As I explain below, this may be down to NAT navigation ...
>
> The ekiga -d2 dump is not too long, and seems to be reporting problems
> with STUN. I have no less than 4 other computers running behind the same
> NAT router (which uses port triggering as described on the wiki): these
> are all successfully running earlier versions of ekiga. The NAT appears
> as a port restricted CONE and triggers on outgoing port 3478 as
> described in the wiki.
>
> Before investigating or reporting further, here is the -d2 report:
>  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lawrence_a_e/debug/ekiga2.dmp
>
> Is there enough information there to identify the basic problem?

I see that there are STUN problems, I do not understand why.  Maybe wait
a few minutes before retrying.  Maybe it is a mis-interaction between
stun and nat?  For ex.:
- sometimes I receive symmetric nat, but I have a static nat.  If I wait
a few minutes, everything is ok.  Maybe it's because I make ctrl-c?
- I register to a provider which sends me regularly a keep-alive packet.
 I ctrl-c ekiga, I disable that account, and when I start ekiga I still
receive these packets.  The problem is that these packets come from
before, as far as I can understand

A very good understanding of stun and nat is required to see what happens...

Has ekiga worked for you without problem (from this point of view)
before 3.2.5?