Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga website: Where is the Windows version?

Dotan Cohen wrote:
28 MB for the release version?!? Skype for Windows comes in at 2 MB,
and that is statically linked with Qt!

I am testing both Skype and Ekiga now, and to be fair the 2 MB Skype
download is an installer only. Still, that installer only downloaded
about 6 MB of data, as opposed to 28 for Ekiga.

As far as I know, one of the reasons is that the .exe includes gtk+ statically, and other libraries, opal with h323 support and codecs...

Running Ekiga popups up a scary Windows dialogue about
blocking/unblocking. Skype does not pop up this dialogue.

I will write up a report on these and other issues, if the Ekiga
development team is interested. I will include links to new and
existing bugs in the processes.

We are VERY interested, please ask your questions on the ML and wait a bit, Michael is absent for one week...