Re: [Ekiga-list] Bluetooth headset support

Eugen Dedu a écrit :
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> I've been setting up ekiga for my distributed family (spread out on 3
>> continents). So far, it's been a great success.
>>
>> Except now I need to get bluetooth headsets working with ekiga.  I
>> have alsa support, but ekiga doesn't recognize the pcm device.
>>
>> I've been through the mailling list, and it looks like there was a lot
>> of activity on this in 2007.  Then there's a brief note in the wiki
>> that bluetooth devices don't work.
>
> For info, there is also
>
> I do not know bluetooth connection and sound etc., but I think it is
> worth to ask if ptlib supports bluetooth devices on the opalvoip-user
> mailing list.  If they say yes and if you can help a bit (compile ekiga
> yourself), we can fix the sentence in the wiki: "Ekiga should support
> bluetooth audio device exposed by ALSA but does not currently (2008-05)"...

I'm not an expert too, but something like jack enable you to add/remove/
reroute plenty of element, may you could build a workaround by re-routing
the main output to bluetooh (but I may also telling you a bullshit, you need
a very good skilled sound/ALSA/jack/pulseaudio guy)
May be pulseaudio could also help you.

As Eugen told you, it would be good to ask your question in these MLs
as it is specific. (some allow you to post without beeing subscribed.)

Regards,

JY
--
There are only two kinds of tequila.  Good and better.