[Ekiga-list] Impressions and feedback from linux and windows ekiga

Thanks Michael!  I tried the new version of ekiga (21 August) and it is getting better every time, I saw you took out CELT, It was a good desition since it didn't work properly. I will test it with my girlfriend and tell you if I find any problem.

1) Anyway I tried to open this ports in my router:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Internet_ports_used_by_Ekiga
and I also opened this ones:
8000-8005 which are recomended by Twinkle.

After that ekiga worked wonderfull until today I can call my self (ekiga softphone ------> ATA VoIp telephone hardware) but can not call ekiga.net echo test nor ekiga conferencing room (I test it under ekiga linux). I don't know wheter the problem is mine, ekiga or ekiga.net server.

2) I was also wondering how do GoogleTalk, psi, empathy and other that they don't have problems being behind a router(specifically ports problems). Why ekiga does? Is it a problem of software desing? SIP protocol design? router standard open ports?

3) Also I want to know if anybody else have tried calling ekiga to ATA phone hardware. My problem is that the G726-32 codec (wich is one of the low bandwith codecs I can use between ekiga and my WRP400 linksys VoIp router), does not hear very well. The voice sounds is a little robotic with some little noice.

 It is important that the G726-32 codec works fine because is one of the low bandwith codecs after G729 supported by most ATA routers and also ekiga since G729 is patented and cannot be used in ekiga.

Thanks for all the hard work you do on ekiga,
Hernán.

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/